As a member of the Phoenix Volleyball Club, you are expected to conduct yourself in a manner that demonstrates good sportsmanship and a respect for others at all times. It is essential that you support your fellow teammates, coaches and the Club to the best of your ability. Failure to adhere to the Phoenix Volleyball Club’s Code of Conduct can be grounds for automatic dismissal from the Club. This decision will be made by the Board and the Coaches of the player and will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. As an athlete, you will be expected to adhere to the following standards of behavior throughout the volleyball season:
1. Athletes are expected to attend the majority of practices.
2. When participating in more than one sport, athletes are expected to do so without creating too many scheduling conflicts.
3. Athletes are expected to identify all scheduling conflicts (family, school) well in advance to their head coach and are asked to respect their coach and fellow players by avoiding a late notice.
4. Athletes are expected to accept the team role assigned by their coaches.
5. Athletes are expected to have a strong work ethic, a desire to succeed, a winning attitude and the ability to place the team interest ahead of their own.
6. Phoenix Volleyball Club expects each and every athlete to conduct himself/herself in an exemplary manner. (The responsibilities of the athlete are outlined in the Athlete’s Code of Conduct)
7. The Executive will determine the consequence if an athlete breaks the Code of Conduct. Failure to abide by the Code can be grounds for an athlete’s automatic dismissal from the Phoenix Volleyball Club.
8. A doctor or physiotherapists note may be requested by coaches before allowing athletes to participate in practices or games after an injury.
An athlete will be ineligible for athletic participation or practice for the following and may lead to automatic dismissal from Phoenix Volleyball Club:
1. The possession or use sale/distribution of alcohol, tobacco products (including e-cigarettes/vapes) or any controlled or illegal substance by any athlete is strictly prohibited. Phoenix Volleyball Club has ZERO TOLERANCE policy.
2. The possession, use or sale/distribution of any controlled or illegal substance or any form of weapon is strictly forbidden. Phoenix Volleyball Club has ZERO TOLERANCE policy.
3. The improper respect and lack of sportsmanship toward coaches, officials, administrator, teammates, fellow competitors.
4. Illegal or inappropriate behavior that would detract from a positive image of the team or be detrimental to its performance objectives.
5. Insubordination towards any member of the Phoenix Volleyball Club including the coaching staff and chaperones, referees, fans, etc.
6. Obscene gestures; profanity or swearing
9. Unexcused missed practices or games
10. Nonpayment of membership dues- Phoenix Volleyball Club enforces a “NO PAY, NO PLAY” policy and may result in removal of an athlete from the Phoenix Volleyball Club.
11. An athlete who is removed from the team/club for disciplinary reasons will not be eligible to practice or play with another club until the athlete adheres to the guidelines for changing clubs under the Volleyball BC policy.
1. For 14U age level, fair play rule is utilized. For 15U and above age levels, each athlete will play at the coach's discretion. The coach will determine the amount of playing time. All athletes are required to be at all practices in order to compete in the following tournament. Any player missing any practices between tournaments will sit out at the coach’s discretion.
2. **Any communication with a coach regarding grievances or playing time should not be made at a tournament. Phoenix Volleyball Club requires 24 hour waiting period following a tournament. Grievances shall be handled following Phoenix Volleyball Club’s Issues and Concerns policy.
3. Practice attendance is very important for athletes to get the maximum benefit of the program. School Activities come first for Phoenix Volleyball Club. Athletes are expected to identify all scheduling conflicts well in advance to their head coach ( minimum 48 hours advance notice for practices and minimum 2 weeks advance notice for games/tournaments) and are asked to respect their coach and fellow players by avoiding a late notice.
4. At 15U and above age level, continuing to miss practices will hurt the athlete because he/she will miss out on the repetitions necessary to improve his/her skills. Practices are where skills are learned and polished. Also, it is not fair to the athlete that attends all practices to sit out, while an athlete not attending practices gets to play. Phoenix Volleyball Club is more flexible to the Practice Only/Limited Club Players when it comes to missing practices.
5. At 15U and above age level, missing practices may result in loss of playing time, loss of skill development, and eventually dismissal from the team if persistent absenteeism develops.
6. At 15U and above age level, playing time in tournaments is NOT guaranteed to athletes. Athletes are paying for practice time, instruction and 20% + playing time.
7. At 15U and above age level, areas that will affect an athlete's playing time are as follows: attitude, skill, mental, practice attendance, position, and status of payment.